Monday, July 16, 2012

Burn Out Or Fade Away: Looking Forward To An Agenda Full Of Nothingness

70 days to go.

So the countdown continues with 10 weeks until Sully appears on the scene. And my little cabbage (his measurement this week) has been non-stop rocking out in my guts. Speaking of countdowns, the ball...or balls as it were...are about to drop! Yep, the testicles are descending now. And his bones are hardening, making his moves tuff enough to make me cringe from time to time.

Sullivan's brain is getting all wrinkly as the tissue increases and his bones are making red blood cells instead of his spleen. He's adding on fat which allows him to regulate temperature so he's shedding all the fur he's been sporting. Every week, he gets closer to being ready for this world, and we're getting closer to being ready for him in our homestead. And believe me, my poor body is ready. It's BEAT!

I'm still bouncing back from the sickness but I'm not feeling toooooo sluggish anymore. Spencer took it easy on me over the weekend and I thank my little boo for that. We even had a nice 2 hour nap in the big bed on Friday. Heaven. I always despise going back to work after spending extra time with him. I feel like I'm doing something wrong. Like I'm abandoning him. But he's got to be sick of me by now.

Lounging on Sully.

Kicking it with sick mommy.

Bath time drama, per usual.

His mind was blown by how entertaining I can be.

2 hour nap. Looks like such a little boy.

Watching Saturday The 14th.

Rocking his new hat! Just like mommy's!

Despite my shabby form, a lot was accomplished over the weekend. Some organizing was done, a new stove was purchased and put in place, paper products for the party were bought, and most importantly...Aiden's carpet was installed and he is officially moved in and bunking on the 1st floor. It's weird but I can't even picture the art room ever being there anymore. It's a big, and awesome, change. He's going to flip when he sees it today for the first time.



All new rooms need a lava lamp. It's a rule.

So where do we go from here? Now that Aiden has relocated, it's time to get down to business in Sullivan Forest. Todd is patching nail holes and sanding today and then we can buy paint (a chocolaty brown), as the bedding has arrived. His second print, The Dictionary Hare, also arrived! I love you Etsy! I can't WAIT to see where Sully is going to live. All 3 boys have awesome new rooms. Not bad.


Once the nursery is squared away this weekend, it's pretty much going to be surface cleaning and supply shopping before the party! My stress levels are actually fairly low now, thanks to help from family and friends (including an impromptu visit from his Aunt Potsie). And low stress levels are EXACTLY what I need because I just realized...Spencer and I have another Hell Week coming up!!

If you remember, we had a Hell Week back in May that included a bunch of appointments/events...it was a lot on a little boy and his pregnant mom. Well, I'm MORE pregnant now and we have MORE appointments/events.

Over the span of a week, we will have his occupation therapy revaluation, his birthday party (with a mighty large family guest list), speech AND physical therapy, the Oncololgy clinic (on his 1st birthday), his 1 year appointment at the Pediatrician which includes more blood work to make sure his thyroid is behaving, AND I have an OB appointment. Holy cow. It's even more terrifying when it's spelled out.

Once all of that is said and done, I'll have 44 days left to cook a baby. And I'm going to spend each of them in a coma, I'll tell you what.

Eventually I'll get around to telling you about going back to school. Time to dust off my plaid skirts and saddle shoes!

11 days until my next OB/GYN appointment.
20 days until Spencer's birthday party.
23 days until Spencer turns 1...and goes back to the Oncology clinic.
42 days until school starts (but that's another story).
67 days until my last day at work.
70 days until the C-Section

No comments:

Post a Comment