Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Happy Birthday Baby: Today You Are 6 Months Old

It's Spencer's half-birthday today. He's 6 months old and I am refusing to accept it. It's not possible. He was JUST born! He can't possibly have been around for half of a year already. And I know if I blink, he'll be a year old. I'm not ready for that! So I have no choice but to stop blinking altogether. Maybe I'll invest in a Clockwork Orange thing so I don't miss out on anything.

Here are some facts about 6 month old Spencer:

-He rolls. All the time. All day long. Now that he's figured out how to get from his back to his belly, he's done staring at the ceiling. I even found him on his belly in the crib which spazzed me out. But he does get tired of being on his belly after a little while so you have to flip him like a pancake...and the rolling starts all over again.

-He's going to crawl in no time, I'm sure of it. He's been using his feet to inch himself forward, closer to toys that are just out of his reach. I gush with pride when he does it because you can tell how hard he's working. You can hear it.

-He likes both the fruits AND the vegetables and he's getting much better at swallowing without making a mess...but I still strip him to his diaper at feedings. So far, he's done carrots, peas, squash, and bananas. Tonight we're going to give peaches and green beans a whirl. If he's anything like me, this will be a hit.

-After sleeping through the night since 2 months old, he seems to be getting up a lot recently and he's been quite a mad man for no reason. I found a little lump on his gums so I suspect we'll be seeing a tooth soon!

-Blowing raspberries is his way to show he's mad, bored, tired, happy, wants to be funny, etc. We hear (and get slathered in) raspberries a ton during the day. His pals at the babysitter's think he sounds like a hummingbird.

My 6 month old little hummingbird!





Happy Birthday baby boy. I love you to the moooooooooooooon...and back!


No comments:

Post a Comment