Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Spencer Lee: My Funny Valentine

Who knew that this year, my Valentine would be a 14.5 pound, 25.75 inches long toothless fella with dark blue eyes, reddish hair, and a ridiculously goofy laugh? And who knew I'd be all psyched to fill out hologram dinosaur Valentine's on his behalf??

I don't need cocktails at a fancy restaurant, chocolates or flowers. I just need to hang out with my little guy and watch him roll over, knock junk around in his gym with gusto, and make a mess with his peaches. A few books, some stolen smooches, and a good snuggle. That's all I need. Hell, the smile on his face when I get him from the sitter's will be the best Valentine's Day present I could ask for! I can't wait to see him today.

As he drifted to sleep next to me last night, I asked if he'd be my Valentine. He didn't object. He just smiled a sleepy smile. And of course, his daddy is my Valentine, too. Wouldn't have Spence without him so he is responsible for my happiness this holiday as well.




"If you live to be 100, I want to live to be 100 minus one day so I never have to live without you" - A.A. Maline

Happy Valentine's Day, y'all.



No comments:

Post a Comment