Thursday, May 3, 2012

Heavenly Hell Week: Seeing Sullivan From Head-To-Toe

Good morning and Hello 50th POST!!!

I can say it's good because it's today and not yesterday. Yesterday is over! I survived! But my body isn't so sure. Even though it was just a lot of driving, holding Spencer, playing, and talking...my body is feeling it. By the time I laid down last night, I felt like I had the flu. I'm a little bit of a snail today. Snail sounds better than slug.

And speaking of yesterday, I'd like to thank my husband for his support yesterday. He couldn't go with me to the appointments (we can't both be missing work for all of these things) but I was given a lot of encouragement via text. You might thing it's a silly thing but a little "I'm thinking of you" text message can go a long way. The Occupational guy said he likes when Todd brings Spencer to Physical Therapy. He liked to see the dads involved because they often aren't. Sending little messages to support me and check up on me (and Spencer!) were his way of being involved and that didn't go unnoticed.

This afternoon, we have our Anatomy Scan of Sullivan. If we didn't already know he was a boy, we would find out today. So maybe there isn't as much excitement this time but I'm still pumped. I love any chance to hear his heartbeat and make sure he's doing alright. And I really want to make sure he's developing well and the right size. I was so sick at the beginning of this pregnancy and I don't want it to affect him negatively. The last time we checked, he was 2 days ahead in development. I want that trend to continue!

My mom commented yesterday that I rarely talk about the bun-in-the-oven, and that's very true. I love him and can't wait to meet him and he's making my family complete. But Spencer is HERE. I can hold him and smooch him and be with him. Plus, he's got so many appointments and whatnot. He occupies a majority of my time and I'm very wrapped up in him. But I'm crazy about Sully, my little night owl, and he will be loved just as much as Spencer. When he's here, I'm gong to be the luckiest broad alive.

...

This might not be fancy because I'm burning hot and tired. The scan went great!! Heart, brain, kidneys, spine, etc. Everything looks fantastic. Sullivan measured 18 weeks 3 days on the dot which put me at ease. The Hyperemesis didn't affect him at all. Plus, I only have half a pound to gain to get back to my pre-pregnancy weight! AND now that I know how he's arranged, I can feel his little feet! So exciting! Now I can relax (and just keep eating, according to the doc) and enjoy the 2nd half of my pregnancy!!!




Tomorrow's visit to the OB/GYN might be a little redundant as she'll probably just weigh me, listen to the heartbeat (it was 137 today which sounded low to me but they said it's perfect), and see how I'm feeling. But the more eyes I have on this pregnancy, the better. Plus, Cheesecake Factory is right across the street so maybe I'll do a little high-calorie celebrating! 

No comments:

Post a Comment