Monday, June 18, 2012

Father's Day Weekend: Giving Props To The Man Who Gave Me My Boys

98 days to go! We are officially in double digits! Sullivan has nails on his toes and fingers, which are starting to wiggle, and is about the size of a squash or an eggplant.

And garage sales? What a waste of time an effort. Yes, we made close to $100 bones on stuff that would've otherwise been donated or probably trashed. And yes, I got to spend time with Spencer's God Mommy as she, and my niece, kept me company. But the amount of time I spent stressing, cleaning, pricing, and sitting in the hot sun WITH my son (little sweat ball) for 2 days in a row was NOT worth it.

The only way I would even CONSIDER having another garage sale would be when Spencer and Sullivan are out of the "baby" stage and we could sell Pack-n-Plays, swings, high chairs, etc. People go bonkers for that stuff and you can make some dough. But even thinking forward to that day has me exhausted.

I have to remind myself that this is money we didn't have before.

And yesterday was Father's Day! I did my best to make it a great day for Todd. I know it probably wasn't my best showing because money was a little tighter than usual and I was just beat from all the garage sale nonsense (I keep typing "garage sake" which I assume would be disgusting). But Todd deserved to be treated like a king since he gave me the absolute best thing in my life, Spencer Lee. So I mustered all the energy and creativity I could to make it a relaxing day for my guy.

1st attempt at a mohawk.

Acting more like daddy every day.

Awesome shirt for the occasion.

We woke up in the morning and had some alone time, just the 3 (well, Sully was technically there, too!) of us and I made Todd coffee and breakfast. I laugh every time I have to ask him how to make coffee. I'm 33. I should probably just KNOW by now. Sidenote: I'm 33 and still have never had a cup!

Then Todd was off to scoop up Aiden and visit his own dad so we could celebrate Father's Day and Aiden's 11th birthday (the celebration will continue at Salt Fork this weekend). I ran around like a mad woman getting everything ready. It involved some sneaky business but it all came together.

10 months old and already eye-rolling at his dad.

Todd and his current line up.

We opened Aiden's gifts (a last minute beanbag chair from Spencer for his new room seemed to be a big hit) and then the focus was all about Todd. He got a garbage can with a lid...something he's been mentioning since we moved to where the wild things are...from each boy. Aiden's had a 6 pack (he hasn't been drinking since I got preggo) and candy, Spencer's had cologne, and Sullivan's had a print with the boy's birthdays.

It was all very dad-like stuff.

A man and his cans.

My dudes.

It was a last minute addition but he loved it! I hope Sully doesn't decide to come early!

Afterwards, we hit a pretty bad-ass BBQ at my sister's. BBQ has both Father's Day and Todd written all over it so he was a happy guy, even snoozing on a lawn chair for awhile. Not even the rain ruined the shin-dig...the kids just kept on swimming. Everyone, including my dad who went to see Mitt Romney speak in the pouring rain, seemed to be in really good spirits.

Spence and Grandpa Mustache.

Cousins (notice the Sully bump off the right).

Chicks.

All in all, Father's Day was a success. When we got home, he spent the rest of the evening with Aiden and Spencer while I attempted to rest my aching body and brain. It's going to be a rough day today, I can tell. But unlike the garage sale, putting Father's Day together was well worth it. I wouldn't have Spencer...or Sullivan...without Todd so I can't tell you how greatful I am to have him for a husband. And next year, he'll have 2 babies looking at him like a hero.

Not bad at all!


Happy Father's Day to all of the awesome dads I know. AND Happy 33rd Birthday to Spencer's God Mommy, Tessa. I know it wasn't exactly what you wanted this year, but I still hope it was an amazing day. We love you.

4 days until Fun In The Sun Tour 2012 in Salt Fork.
7 days until my Glucose test.
11 days until my next OB/GYN appointment.
48 days until Spencer's birthday party.
51 days until Spencer turns 1...and goes back to the Oncology clinic.
95 days until my last day at work.
98 days until the C-Section.



1 comment:

  1. It turned out to be exactly what I wanted. Plus, I got bonus time with you and the cutest boy I know. It was amazing in its own right. I love you to the moon.

    ReplyDelete