Friday, June 8, 2012

Happy Birthday Baby: Today You Are 10 Months Old


10 months of utter perfection, if I do say so myself. All moms think their kid is the best but mine changed my life and keeps on changing it every day. I sometimes catch myself looking at him and think, "I can't believe I made that". There have for sure been some trying times over the past 10 months but the good has outweighed the bad by miles and miles. And those low moments just made my spine a little stronger and my heart a little bigger. I owe everything to Spencer Lee Fonzarelli. My little Boogieman.


Right now, the man of the hour is in his swing, beating the life out of his mobile and testing out his very loud pipes. He's 10 months old today which, per usual, I can't believe, and he's come such a long was from the tiny little noodle he was when he joined our family last summer. He has such personality, definitely his own little dude, but I see myself when I look at him. He is the commander of my happiness and I'm the luckiest person in the world to call him my son.






Want to know some junk about 10 month old Spencer?

-He loves being at his babysitter's house which is a lot like a summer camp! Swimming, swing sets, fun in the grass, walks, parks, and more. When I pick him up, he's happy and exhausted from all the stimulation he gets from the kids there. We are SO LUCKY to have her taking care of Spencer.

-He loved being in the swimming pool but STILL hates his bath!

-So far, he liked most solid foods that he's tried besides cottage cheese. I'd say that yogurt is his favorite and he's mostly been trying breakfast type foods. He's totally interested in what other people are eating and drinking. I bought him his first cup to start getting the hang of holding it.

-He's getting SO GOOD at feeding himself his own snacks. His dexterity and muscle tone in his hands is improving every day.

-If a TV show theme song comes on, he stops whatever he's going to listen to it, especially Modern Family and Conan. And his favorite toys are still his turtle that plays classical music and his little piano. He's going to be a musical dude, I can tell.

-STILLLLLLL rolling all over the place and really working his legs. Plus, he's OBSESSED with his feet. Even when I was giving him a bottle, he was trying to get a foot in his mouth.

-Starting to have a little stranger anxiety. When people he doesn't know very well get in his face, he freaks out. And he's not a big fan of loud noises out of nowhere...like when people cheer at sporting events after a big play or when out of the kids at the babysitters yelps. But he recovers quickly.

I'm sure there are so many more new things that have happened between last month and now but my little bum is calling for me. He's done entertaining himself and wants a play mate. He's a lot like me in that way. He's super independent but from time to time, he really wants a companion. I am happy to oblige! So I'm ready to go get my play time on. Happy 10 Months, Bright Eyes. I couldn't love you more. It's an impossibility!


Your daddy and I love you, goofball. But you could slow time down a little bit if you want : )

3 comments:

  1. Have you tried showering with him? Sometimes they hate baths but love showers with their mom...

    ReplyDelete
  2. We did take 1 bath together and he liked it at first...until I washed his hair. I have to be super careful about ear infections with him so I'm wary about taking him in the shower just yet. It's always such drama!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope his stranger anxiety does not worry him with my visit TODAY, since I haven't seen y'all in a while. Feeling very excited about making the drive down after work! HE JUST KEEPS GETTING CUTER!

    ReplyDelete