Tuesday, July 31, 2012

The Little Things: Yesterday, Today, Tomorrow

Happy Birthday to my lovely little sis, Jenny Penny, who I refuse to believe is turning 26 today. I "adopted" her when she was just 17...and then drove her across state lines for one of the best weekends ever. Now she done went and grew up, became a mom, and more awesome, if that's even possible. Happy Birthday, Jen! I hope it's amazing and I wish I could see you!

Also, congrats to yet another chick I know who was preggo for giving birth to the only other girl I'm expecting during this crazy baby season. Tally up to this point: 2 boys and 3 girls.

I think I ordered the last pieces of art for Sully's nursery! Etsy addict!




I think the Hedgehog is the only critter left. Not fond of what I've seen though.

And speaking of ordering, Todd ordered the cake for Spencer's birthday yesterday and besides being far cheaper than I thought, we get a free smash cake for him! For whatever reason, this has me really excited. Again, it's the little things.

Been having some super solid Braxton-Hicks the last few days. They are annoying to say the VERY least. Making it impossible to get comfortable during the day when I was already struggling at night. But everything is winding down so I just have to toughen up. I've been quite the wuss at times during this pregnancy, I know this. But it doesn't really help that my desire to nest has kicked into full gear so my body is taking more of a beating these days. It is what it is.

I just found out that the week I'm in the hospital is premier week for the fall shows! Anyone who knows me knows I'm a TV junkie and I'll be able to introduce Sullivan to all the important gems...while enjoying pain killers and Jello. Make fun of me if you want. TV makes me happy. It's my hobby.

Oh, just wanted to quickly say that Spencer's PT and ST yesterday seemed to go well. His speech therapist had a lot of nice things to say about his communication so I'm happy. And the physical therapist focused more on the crawling and standing (we need to start letting him put weight on his legs...and his arms, of course). There was some discussion about using a special kind of tape to help strengthen his arm and shoulder muscles. He's getting there. Back in 4 weeks.

He's being a goofball this morning (photos by dad).




(Rocking out to the King Of The Hill theme song).

He had a visit from his Aunt Lisa all the way from California yesterday and I am kicking myself left and right for not getting a picture of them together! GRRRR! I was just enjoying shooting the breeze with her so much that it didn't cross my mind. I really need her to show up every day when I get off work. It made my day so complete. Again, you never realize how much you miss someone until you see them again.

Tonight, I'm having a happy/sad dinner with my oldest pal, Tessa. Happy because she got engaged (and I get to eat at the Cheesecake Factory...let's be honest, that's a perk), and sad because she's moving to Columbus on Sunday. Another friend off to live in Capital City. I don't like it, but I'll support it.

And TOMORROW, I can officially say, "I'm having a baby next month". Wee!


No comments:

Post a Comment