Monday, July 30, 2012

Busy Beaver, Busy Bee: Party In My Uterus & Party At My House

I have to kick this post off in the right direction:

CONGRATULATIONS to my oldest (and one of my bestest) pals, Tessa, for getting engaged this weekend in Las Vegas! Vegas is my happy place and Tessa is the person I talk to every morning so I like the combo, indeed! It looks like this fella did quite alright in the proposal department and she's happy as a clam...so I guess he can stay! Congrats you two crazy kids! Can't wait until October 2013! And NOT just because this will finally be a wedding I'm not pregnant for!

Now back to your regularly scheduled program!

I am 31 weeks today so we have 8 to go...or 1 month, 3 weeks, 4 days...or 56 days. Any way you eyeball it, this baby is coming SOON. And luckily, it appears that we may be ready for him! I busted my hump this weekend and now Sully officially has a place to call his own when we bring him home: Sullivan Forest!


(Pat Catan's was out of the "A")



It's a little sparse but I guess that comes along with the second child. We had a shower for Spencer so he got books and blankets and stuffed animals and whatnot. But I know that will all come in time...Spencer has quite a collection of oddities! And Sullivan has room to grow and a room to grow in! Two more pieces of art are even on their way!



As far as his weekly development update goes, Sullivan is about the size of a head of lettuce now...almost at his birth length and in between 3 and 4 pounds. I'm having Braxton Hicks for SURE, which is kind of exciting. I've been feeling this kid move A LOT and I guess he should be in his head-down position at this point. His digestive system is ready to go (I hope you like toast, because that's mommy's big craving) and allegedly he should be sleeping 20-40 minutes at a time...pffffft. I'm convinced he's one of those never-sleeping vampires. I bet he'll be born with fangs!

So that's the scoop on zee baby. As for a scoop on my weekend...it was A LOT of house cleaning for the party which is now officially less than a week away, but I feel good about it. Spencer helped by being especially good and sweet. Friday, we took a break to go to dinner with my parents and to what was supposed to be Spencer's 1st live band. 5 songs in, it was called due to lightning but it was good while it lasted.


Saturday morning, Spencer and I high-tailed it to the eastsiiiiiiiiiiide where we visited my sister and picked up some super awesome decorations for his party from The Mays. My mind was really blown, especially by the giant Seuss fish that will be hanging out in the yard. Too cool. And speaking of cool, the forecast says 82 with am clouds and pm sun on party day. I'll take it!


And that's really all I've got. Growing a baby and prepping for the birthday party is pretty much what our days are made of. I even had to make a list for Todd today. I felt icky doing it but he's off and I need the help because I KNOW Friday and Saturday will just be bananas for me. But before getting to work, Spencer has work to do at Physical and Speech. I'm hoping for a good report, but I'm always hoping for a good report. I guess I'll find out soon enough and then YOU will find out, loyal reader!

And speaking of Spencer, he's really into his version of smooching now, which is basically just slobbering all over my cheeks. But I love it. It makes me melt and crack up every time. It really is the little things.


6 days until Spencer's birthday party.
9 days until Spencer turns 1...and goes back to the Oncology clinic.
11 days until my next OB/GYN appointment.
28 days until school starts (just 1 class to start).
53 days until my last day at work.
56 days until the C-Section.

No comments:

Post a Comment