Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Happy Birthday Baby: Today You Are ONE YEAR OLD!

When we laid down in the big bed, you were 11 months old.


And when we woke up, you were officially 1. Happy 1st Birthday, sweet Spencer Lee Fonzarelli!






At 3:53pm, you turned 1 year old. Sometimes it blows my mind, like there's no WAY you've been around for a year because you were JUST born! But then other times, I feel like you've been a part of my life forever and I can't imagine a time when you weren't around. It's been an incredible year and you, my son, are an incredible little boy.

I wish I had the right words to tell you how you've changed my life but I just don't. I've told you that I love you every day for 365 days (sometimes many many many times a day, probably driving you nuts) and will continue to do so. There is nothing your dad and I wouldn't do for you. We will love and protect you for all of your days.

We all got off to a rocky starts last year but have come such a long way. All 3 of us have grown and changed so much, but no one more than you. You amaze me every day with the little person you're becoming. I can't wait to see what else you will do. It doesn't matter what's going on in my life...one of your little goofball smiles and I'm fixed! You have the power to do so many wonderful things and you don't even know it yet.

I hope this next year of your life is magical and that we get to have many adventures together. I hope that your dad and I never fail you and that we help you to become whatever you are destined to be...but you don't really need us for that. You're going to keep blowing everyone's minds and being amazing with or without us. We will always be your biggest fans.

I could keep blathering on and on about how incredible you are and how much you've changed my life but then this would be an infinite number of pages. Tomorrow, I'll write about the amazing time we had today. For now, I just wanted to tell you that I love you and I hope you had the happiest birthday because August 8th is, and will always be, my favorite day.

Happy Birthday, Spence Baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment