Friday, December 14, 2012

Extra! Extra! Read All About It: Playing Catch Up

It's been awhile since I've blogged so I thought I would pop in and just blather for a minute or two.

I'm currently typing on my new laptop and I love the way the clacking of the keys sounds. I also love that scanning my fingerprints opens certain web pages. So high tech. I feel like I'm part of that company in Terminator 2 that was responsible for the Apocalypse, but less threatening of course. I'm taking 3 classes in January (Intermediate Algebra, A&P 1, and Intro To Inorganic Chem, if I hadn't already bored you enough about school) and they're all online so it was time to upgrade. And speaking of school, I just completed my final exam and went into it with an A so I feel pretty solid. I worked hard and didn't bail so...pat pat (right on my back).

What else can I catch you up on?

This isn't important at all but in under a year we've had 15,000 views. Awesome.

Actually important are my boys, one of whom...a red-head with a natural mohawk...is asleep in my lap as I'm blogging. Sully is really amazing. I have the two sweetest little fellas...if I would've started breeding earlier, I would have a boatload of these guys. Sully's personality is bursting out more and more every day. He's been eating like a champ and rolled over a few days ago. He and Spencer adore each other. It's really incredible to watch them together. And Spencer's doing great, too. He's been crawling, army style, all over this place and getting stronger day-by-day. He's working on his 3rd and 4th tooth and handling that nonsense like a pro. He's a tuff dude.

His blood work this week was promising. While his white blood cells and platelets are still low, they're better than they were last week. I'm hoping the numbers keep going up because we need to establish a pattern and this is the pattern we want. Not sure how many abnormal cells are in his blood because that's only screened when we go downtown so we'll have to wait until next week. My little four-eyes also had a good appointment at the Ophthalmologist. He said everything looked fantastic and to just keep doing what we're doing...which is basically putting his glasses on in the morning and taking them off at night. Cake.

Mmmmmm, cake would be good right now.

I have 3 weeks left in my maternity leave and I feel sicker and sicker as the days go by. I hate saying this but it was much easier to go back to work after Spencer was born. Yes, I missed him like crazy but things were so stressful after his birth that it was good to have a break. I was forced to do something else besides dwell on things. But now I just want to be with my little dudes. I can't imagine what that first day back is going to be like. Yesterday was the work Christmas party and even though I've worked there for 5 years, I felt so out of place. I can't let my panic ruin these last few weeks. It's going to be hard. I know I've been rattling on and on about this work thing a lot. But I have to vent so I don't implode.

So that's school, my boys, work...

I've also managed to have some fun. Todd and I have been watching a lot of movies and just hanging out, doing family shtuff and getting ready for holiday festivities. I'm really excited about Christmas but I'm not even close to ready. Luckily, I've been able to de-stress during some time with my favorite gal pals, especially Phoebe and Carol. Tomorrow Phoebe and I are going to IKEA and I'm equally as excited about the drive and chatter as I am about picking up a dining room table (you know you're getting older when you're excited about furniture and appliances and such). Good times.

I don't want to switch from a fun topic to something so miserably sad but that shooting in Connecticut just makes me sick. Ever since I became a parent, I can't help but immediately think of Spencer and Sullivan when bad things happen to young children. If ANYTHING like this happened to them...it just makes me ill. What is wrong with people? How could you shoot up a bunch of LITTLE KIDS? I can't keep thinking about it. I shouldn't even leave this paragraph because if I re-read it, it'll just make me feel horrible all over again. I truly feel for the families. I can't imagine how they'll be able to sleep tonight. I wouldn't want to wake up without Spence and Sully, I know that for sure.

I think I'm going to go snuggle my little Pork Chop.

(Thinking about snuggling an actual pork chop made me both smile and feel a little gross).

I'll try and get back in the regular blogging swing. Promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment