Monday, December 31, 2012

NYE: Get The Hell Out, 2012

After 1 year of this blog, we've had 16,000 views of the 140 posts. Not bad at all! Who knew my blathering could be so interesting??

My husband is asleep on the other side of the bed. Spencer is asleep between us with his head up in my ribs and his feet on Todd's back. And Sully is asleep in his bassinet, still wearing his "tuxedo". I'm struggling to keep my eyes open while flipping between Pretty Woman, Grown Ups, and American Dad.

It's 10:30p on New Year's Eve.

We were supposed to have our friends and their kids over but sickness smashed those plans. So we ordered a pizza, had a few cocktails, and watched the last 2 Harry Potter movies. But we were struggling so Todd suggested we watched the ball drop (HA) in bed. It were mere minutes before all my dudes were asleep and I'm getting ready to join them. I'm feeling a little bored and lonely, I'm not going to lie. My alarm is set for 11:55p so I can wake up and smooch my loves at midnight.

I'm ready for 2012 to be over (besides the debut of the utterly awesome Sullivan Richard Skywalker, the year, at least the end, was tough on us) but with a biopsy kicking off 2013, I'm really in no rush for next year to start either. Limbo. But maybe we'll get all the rough junk out of the way right off the bat and the rest of the year will be cake. I plan to make the best out of the upcoming year. Every day, you have a second chance. Or some hippie junk like that. But again, I don't want to lie...I don't have much hope for 2013 being an incredibly awesome year or anything. I'm realistic.

I haven't made a resolution in years but I'm making one for 2013 that I have no choice but to stick to: I resolve to try and be a better wife, mother, and student. I think I've done a pretty good job but there's always room for improvement! ALWAYS. No one is perfect. These are the areas that are going to fill the most of my life in 2013 (being a good friend and family member are of course as important as ever) so I want to do the best I can. I need to be the best I can be in all areas, putting my best foot forward and not letting stress cause failure. My husband, kids, and MYSELF need and deserve the best from me. And if 2013 is sucko, at least I can say I tried my hardest to be top notch.

So that's my plan. My plan for tomorrow any way. My plan for now? Following in the footsteps of the dudes in my life. LIGHTS OUT!

Happy New Year, y'all!



















No comments:

Post a Comment