Monday, January 14, 2013

#*&@!%&$*!$@#^#$&: Stuck In Sick City As Spring Semester Starts

Say that 10 times fast!

Actually, it wasn't as difficult as I thought.

Spring semester starts today along with 2 of my classes, Intermediate Algebra and A&P 1 lecture and lab. At least I'll be able to get my footing where these two mind-blowers are concerned before Inorganic Chemistry wrecks my life, along with my ability to keep my head attached to my neck. All classes are online, which is handy what with being the mother of two young dudes, but online classes can be tougher than being in the classroom. It's all on you to learn what you need to and do well. But I've got a goal and that goal is straight A's so I really have no choice now, do I?

My ambitious goals would be a lot easier if I'd stop throwing up.

I've been weirdly nauseated, with no other symptoms, for the past few weeks. Totally manageable, just a little swimmy in the guts. But as of last night, it's become some nightmarish stomach bug. I can't keep anything down. The only relief I get is from chomping on peppermints but I'm running low. And it doesn't help that I'm having my 1st visit from Aunt Flo in 2 YEARS and it's draining me...of my energy. I'm hoping not to pass this (the illness) on to the boys because being sick is the last thing they (especially Spencer) need. I'm hoping it'll pass soon because I just don't have time to have my head in the trash can. I'm BUSY.

Spencer is busy, too. Friday he had his OT check up. Things went pretty well, I'd say. He wasn't as motivated to show off as usual. He was moody and some things that he totally CAN do, he just didn't feel like doing. He had his own plans. But they didn't feel the need to increase his visits so he must be making progress. CHECK. And we also talked about him getting on a wait-list for a pre-school program that kicks off at age 2. It sounds like a lot of fun for him (he loves other kids) and I'll do anything to help him make progress. CHECK CHECK.

Today he has ST/PT and I KNOW they'll be happy because as I've previously stated, he's really come into his own in the past few weeks. He's even starting to show interest in pulling himself up on lower furniture. It's awesome. And I'll be anxiously awaiting my report from Todd.

I sometimes worry about Spencer's speech development but he's making all kinds of new sounds and babbling for long periods of time, like he's having a conversation or telling a story. He's been saying "mama" a lot and definitely knows who and where mommy, daddy, and Sully are when asked. It'll fall into place as everything seems to be. One day, out of the blue, he'll just start talking to me and I'll probably drop dead on the spot. I look forward to hearing what he has to say.

Wednesday is our next clinic appointment. Just want answers.

And not to always put him last, but Sullivan is doing awesome. He is bursting with personality. He chubby and funny and I can't get enough of him. I hate that it seems like I talk about Spencer all day because I love them EQUALLY. But Spencer just has a lot more on his plate. Sully is lucky that his main agenda is eating, sleeping, pooping (ass EXPLOSIONS), and playing. He's lucky to just be your average happy baby, even if he's anything but average to his mommy.

So that's my life as of today. Sickness, school, sons.

The end.

No comments:

Post a Comment