Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Walking Dead: Putting One Foot In Front Of the Other

I'm attempting to be at work and stay at work for the first time in 2 weeks. It is proving to be just about as difficult as I expected. You would've thought it was the first time I ever put on a pair of pants this morning. Comical. My head is utterly sea-sick and there are fish having a Battle Royale in my guts. And I'm tired. So, so, so tired. I guess minimal food and liquid will do that do a person. If I put my head down on my desk, I'd be asleep immediately. No question about it. Even if there were staples stuck in my face.

I hope little Sam is OK through all of this. Yeah, it's not The Bun/Bunny anymore. My mom has taken to calling it Sam I Am. "Green Eggs and Ham" is Spencer's favorite book so I think it's cute. My sister was called Rufus the entire time she was in the womb so it could be worse.

Besides all the internal nastiness, my outsides aren't feeling so great either. Todd has to change the pump needle in my stomach every 2 days and left behind is a sore, itchy, bruised knot, and sometimes it leaks medicine and other fluids. Delicious! So it's getting more difficult to find a comfortable spot to puncture. It looks like Sam has been punching me from the inside. And it's hard to get comfortable at night with all these ouch spots taking over. It hurts to even rub my own belly.


They don't photograph so well but there are 3 bruises on the left side of the picture and 2 on the right (soon to be 3 when that needle comes out tomorrow...rats). On top of that are the cosmetics. My body looks thin and frail (besides my very noticeable pooch which keeps bringing up the possibility of twins much to my horror), my skin is painfully dry, my hands and arms are bruised and punctured. But even looking so beat up, Todd still says, "You look good to me" out of nowhere.

Horrific vomiting, stomach bruises, frail frame, showing early, no appetite or way to get nutrition? Yep. It's a vampire baby. That is the only explanation and a few of my girlfriends agree. All I need are some broken bones and I'll be convinced!

Todd just asked me what girl names I like. People really seem to be thinking girl.

Probably because it's already causing such draaaaaaaaaaama!







No comments:

Post a Comment