Monday, March 12, 2012

Good Feeling: Shaking Off The Cobwebs

Yesterday was monumental for me! I don't use that word lightly. Too flashy.

 For the first time since February 3rd, I left the house for something other than an Emergency Room visit or a few hours at work. I woke up yesterday thinking, "It's going to be really nice outside today and I can't spend one more minute laying on the couch...I can not keep Spencer cooped up in here. It's not fair". So I hopped in the shower and scrapped off several days worth of nastiness and grime from my person, got Spencer squared away for an adventure, and we went out into the warm world.


I'm not going to lie. It wasn't easy. We were just running small errands but I kept getting hot and headachey. And every so often, I felt like I had the legs of a newborn deer. I was a touch wobbly. But Spencer scored an outfit for St. Patrick's Day and Easter, we all got some fresh air and to visit with family, and I got to spend a nice Spring-y afternoon with my dudes. All in all, it was worth having to put myself to bed at 6:45pm.

I'm hoping the warm-n-sunny feeling carries over into today, or even into the rest of the week. Spencer has a speech evaluation followed by PT today. He's never had back-to-back appointments before so I'm worried it might be a touch much for him and his daddy said he's fussy this morning. But he's tough. And I know the speech...

OH MY GOD. My Zofran pump wire just got caught on something (possibly my own knee) and instead of the cap just popping off, the entire plastic catheter was ripped out of my stomach! WAHHHH!!! Ow! Ow! Ow! Medication and blood were spurting out of me like a fountain. And I'm wearing a white t-shirt today. Super awesome. But back to Spencer.

...therapist is going to give him a gold star for now. He's a chatty fellow and has been rocking the speech pre-cursors since birth, practically. And it's not that I'm trying to convince myself he'll do well, I just hate him having all the appointments he already has. He doesn't need anymore. As Aunt Carol High Hair said, "Kid's gotta full dance card".

2nd OB/GYN appointment this week. Genetic testing next week. Stress today.

No comments:

Post a Comment