Monday, March 26, 2012

Happy Days: The Best Way To Start My 2nd Trimester

I'm not even going to beat around the bush or try to be clever.

We have a HEALTHY (!!!) BABY BOY on the way!

I've been staring at my cell phone all morning but when it rang, I didn't pick it up! Like a goon, I tried to quickly Google the number because I didn't recognize it and MISSED ONE OF THE MOST IMPORTANT CALLS OF MY LIFE. Then the phone at my desk rang and it was the doctor's office with our CVS results.

The preliminary results (testing for Trisomy 13, 18, and 21) were NORMAL!

And the chromosomes say it's a boy. Spencer's baby brother.

I immediately started to cry and just felt overwhelming relief. I felt like everything was going to be OK all along, I had a feeling. Everyone else had the same feeling. But I needed to be told by a professional. I needed to know FOR SURE, and now I do. Our baby boy does not have any chromosomal defects.

I am destined to remain the Queen of Castle Grayskull. "It is your destiny to be surrounded by handsome men", says Tessa. I think it's fantastic. I secretly wanted a boy. Boys are what I know! And being 13.5 months apart (my little Irish twins), it'll be fantastic for Spencer. I can't wait to watch them grow up together. I feel complete.

I would have loved him no matter what his chromosomes look like. HELL, Spencer's chromosomes are a little fancy and he's the coolest person I KNOW! But I'm glad his brother won't have any hurdles right out of the gate. And I'm glad they'll have each other after Todd and I are gone.

MANY, MANY, MANY moons from now, that is. I might not even die. I might even look into Cryogenics. I HOPE YOU CAN HEAR THIS OVER IN ITALY, BIZZLE! The candle-lighting and money in the prayer box has paid off! We have a fondue date when you're on U.S. soil!

Happy 2nd Trimester. Happy Day, indeed.

1 comment:

  1. Sooooo happy! I love you and all your men! And San Marco, for letting us light candles for you guys! Hmmm... Nelson Marco Gansert sounds kinda neat... ;)

    ReplyDelete