Monday, April 16, 2012

16 Weeks: Chilling With Sully and a Circumcision For Spencer

I am 16 weeks along with little Sullivan today. I'm enjoying a nice, boring stretch of pregnancy. I'm not tossing my cookies, I have a little bit of energy during the day, and the spotting SEEMS to be coming to an end. I'm having a lot of pregnancy dreams and I'm far thirstier than usual but overall, I'm enjoying things being a little on the dull side as we approach mid-pregnancy (since my pregnancy will only last 38 or 39 weeks)
.


Nice beige bra, I know. My cans have blown up so my options are limited.

Today, my baby boy is going with his Dad to the Pediatric Urologist for a pre-circumcision check-up. We had planned on having this done after he was born but unfortunately, some of his health issues caused a set back. With his platelets being so low and his infection-fighting white blood cells being pretty much non-existent, it had to be postponed. Now that all the numbers are in his favor, he should be able to get snipped. I COULD put it off but I want to do it know when I know he won't remember because...who would want to remember THAT?? The thing that keeps eating away at me is that he'll have to go under general anesthesia. I despise the thought of that. Poor boogieman.

On Friday, Todd and I took the little guy to the aquarium. The place left a lot to be desired, especially for the price (but we did get a free family photo!). It seems like it was just thrown together in order to open, though the Touch Tank and shark exhibit WERE AMAZING. But I loved every second of it because Spencer was SO INTO IT. It blew my mind.

I really thought it was more that Todd and I were going and Spencer would just be there, cruising along with us in his stroller. Well, I don't know if it was the lights or the water or the movement of things swimming by but he followed every fish, focused on every creature, was transfixed on every glimmer of light. It was incredible. And even more incredible was that you could tell what things he was REALLY interested in (stingrays and eels). I don't know what I was expecting, exactly, out of an 8 month old but it was fantastic to be a part of and makes me even more excited for summer activities with him.







And for posterity, let me note that I THINK I felt Sullivan move this weekend. It felt like the little flutter I remember from Spencer but it happened once and so quickly that I can't be sure. It would really put my mind at ease if he would start rocking out!

No comments:

Post a Comment