Monday, August 20, 2012

I'm Feeling Fishtastic: No Room In My Schedule To Be Sick

I'm 34 weeks along today...and sick as a dog. And STILL wondering exactly what that means. But we'll get to that shortly. Let's get the Monday Sullivan Report squared away. 34 weeks. 1 month and 4 days. 35 days. Soon.

Mr. Man is about the size of a small pumpkin right now. I was told at last week's ultrasound that he was around 4 pounds 9 ounces so he's right in track. He's about the size of a pineapple but I wont hold that against him! He's opening and closing his eyes and he's got finger and toenails that are ready for manicuring! If he were born today, he'd need just a little monitoring but would be fine. Still, in 2-3 weeks, I'll be full term and then won't have anything to worry about. I'd prefer to be worry free.

After recovering from all the appointments and emotions of last week, we went to Granger Danger 2, a summer party our friends Sugar and Pete's house. We got to sit outside in perfect weather, socialize with pals we haven't seen, and hear some bands with Spencer. It was totally what I needed, especially when I just got to shoot the breeze with my girlfriends, many of whom are mommies. It's funny to see how much we've changed yet how much we've stayed the same. Spencer was playing the shy game for a little while but by the end of the night, he was shaking his head like a maniac and rocking out to Lords Of The Highway. It was a great night with friends and my little family.

Looking tuff for Granger Danger.

It's tough to be a gangster.

Kickin' it with mom and feeling a little shy.

Snuggling up to Aunt Jen.


Listening to Miss Firecracker in the great outdoors.

Starting to get partied out!

Discussing jewelry with Aunt Potsie.

Sunday was a planned outing with the females of my family (and Spencer!) as it was our annual before-school tea party. But the second I got into the car, I felt horrific which caused a bad attitude. We got to the tea room and there was no AC on. I tossed my cookies (sorry Clementine's) and started to come, the air kicked on. Whew. I was able to eat...the best potato soup EVER...and enjoy my afternoon.

Sisters (and the best soup EVER).

With my niece/godchild.

34 weeks and really ready to be done.

Until we got into the car to head home, that is. Again, I was dizzy, sweating, and carsick. I had to text Todd to meet us in the driveway to grab Spencer because I was doomed. I ran in and threw up violently. VIOLENTLY. Todd, Spencer, and I crawled into the big bed and napped for houuuuuurs. I rallied just long enough to try and eat and then I was out cold again.

I felt pretty good on my way to work this morning. I just thought maybe I was overtired. But no such luck...I tossed my cookies twice at work and headed back home. I pretty much haven't left the bed all day. I should start looking for bed sores. Todd is off today so he was able to watch Spencer...and take him to pick out his glasses which will be ready in 3 weeks.

I feel weak and a little off. But Sullivan has been moving plenty despite the stress my body has been going through for the past 2 days. And Spencer and I got to spend a little time together listening to music in the big bed until he dozed off during "House Of The Rising Sun".

Neither Spencer nor I have any appointments or any plans this week (besides dinner Thursday night with his godmother who abandoned us to live in Columbus...pffffffft) which is fantastic. Next week it's back to 2 appointments for him and 1 for me, plus school starts! I had planned to pack my hospital bag today but got horribly ill instead so...tomorrow. There's always tomorrow!

Until there ISN'T and Sully is here!!!

7 days until school starts (Intensified Algebra).
11 days until my next OB/GYN appointment.
30 days until our 3rd wedding anniversary.
31 days until my last day at work.
35 days until the C-Section.

No comments:

Post a Comment