Friday, August 24, 2012

One Month From Today: My 100th Post

100 posts and 1 month to go. Wow.

It's so hard for me to believe that one month from today (or less), Sullivan will be here. The closer it gets, the more anxious and excited I am. His room is ready, the new stroller and car seats are here, and after we pick out his "going home" outfit, I'm packing the hospital bag tomorrow. I've got 4 appointments left with my OB and both Todd and Spencer will be with me!

I'm still feeling pretty lousy (I really believe it's the flu or something...nothing baby-related) but I spent a great day with Spencer. Having such an amazing little boy and enjoying the simplest things with him makes me so pumped for Sully to get here and complete our family. The days will be twice as good and my heart will be twice as full. And I know Spencer will be the best big brother.

Today, he spent A LOT of time in his physical therapy seat without any complaints. And as of last night, he's constantly been doing push-ups and putting a ton more weight on his arms. This is part of what PT has been working in. That's just how it seems to be with Spencer: one day he may not be doing something and then BOOM, he is. Just like that. He find his way.

And he REALLY likes how we applaud every time he props up. Ham.

We just read two bedtime stories and now he's snoozing next to me. He worked hard without even knowing it. He makes me so proud and I just love him so much. I may have had one or two blue moments recently and that's OK. I can have those moments...they just can't mean anything to me. I prefer to put stock in these moments, where one of my sons is movement around in my guts and the other is next to me, farting in his sleep.

It's been a good day.





Good day indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment