Happy 2 Months, Sullivan! I'm a few days late in writing this post but I did get your monthly birthday pictures right on time! You are really coming into your own, bursting with personality like your big brother, Spencer. I truly can't get enough of you. In fact, you're next to me as I type this doing some adorable little dance in your adorable striped jammies. It's distracting in the best way. I have 6 weeks at home to spend with you and while it still sounds like a long time, it's not. It's not enough. But I'll (sadly) babble about that another time. This is about YOU!
And this is what I've learned about you in 2 months:
- You have started to laugh A LOT. You are a happy guy, laughing, smiling, dancing, and saying, "Ohhhhhhhhh", which Spencer tries to imitate. Sometimes you have a cute, squeaky baby laugh and sometimes you have this horrible, deep chuckle (huh huh huh) which you get from me. Either way...you're just a happy little dude and you're testing your pipes.
- Grandma calls you "Party Boy" because whenever she sees you, you're snoozing.
- You're so STIFF! Even in your swing. The only time you loosen up is when you're totally out cold. I wonder if I can get you a baby massage. Your daddy compared you to a 2x4 the other day and I don't want that to be your legacy.
- None of your baby hair has fallen out. You have a ton and it seems to be getting redder. People go nuts over your chicken hair.
- You're holding your head up more steadily and for longer periods of time. You don't dig tummy time very much but we're working on it.
- Even though you're only 2 months old, you look...older. You don't look much like a baby-baby at times. But being so big and sturdy, I guess you never did, my little pot roast. But you're so flipping adorable, I can't get enough! I wondered for 40 weeks what you'd look like and I could just smoosh you. More people are saying you look like me and my family, even Grandma Mary.
- Every time I think you're getting closer to sleeping through the night, you go back to a nutty schedule so you're still in a bassinet in our room. I know I should suck it up and put you in your crib but that makes me sad. Hormones.
- Your grip is super strong. And I swear you purposefully try to touch me sometimes when I'm holding you. I think you'll be rolling over, sitting up, crawling before I know it (don't grow up too fast!!!).
- You don't mind the bath anymore but you HATE getting naked. Your diaper comes off and you let out a terrrrribly shrill shriek and it makes Spencer scream!
- The fox is your totem because I kept noticing them while I was pregnant. But as I get to know you, how you fit with your brother and in this family, I think it's fitting:
adaptability, cleverness, wisdom, desire, intensity, expression, focus, determination, right-action.
I love you more than you could possibly know, my little red fox! I'm so lucky to have you and CAN'T WAIT for the Christmas season with my 2 awesome buddies. I hope I'm doing alright by you! Believe me when I tell you everything I do is to give you the best life possible. You deserve it. You're AWESOME!