Thursday, November 22, 2012

Thanksgiving: Gobble 'Til You Wobble

Today has been an incredibly successful Turkey Day and I couldn't be happier. Both of my boys, for whom I am MOST thankful, were total gems and they are so loved. I felt content, at ease, and not one bit anxious, even when we talked about Spencer's Oncology clinic appointment from yesterday...details on that after the weekend when his blood test results are in. Once again, I didn't eat as much as I may have wanted but there are leftovers in the fridge which I will inhale when I watch Hunger Games tomorrow. I'm on such a movie kick again. But that's neither here nor there.

Before he went to bed (poor guy has to get up at 3:00am for work), Todd wished me a Happy Thanksgiving and thanked me for his boys. I thanked him for the same. I'm thankful for countless number of things like my friends, family, home, and all the basic good stuff, but I could not live without Spencer and Sullivan. They are what I'm most thankful for this year. That I'm lucky enough to be their mom, that they have each other, and that they're both happy and HEALTHY little boys. Spencer doesn't have Leukemia and Sully came into the world without hiccups. Life is good.

So Happy Thanksgiving to everyone I care about and, what the Hell, to everyone I don't. I hope you had an awesome, laid back holiday like we did. I'm fairly certain gravy is currently coursing through my veins and I'm more than OK with that. With Halloween and Turkey Day under our belts, it's time to get ready for Christmas. The lights are on the house, the tree is going up tomorrow, my shopping is ALMOST done, and I'm ready to celebrate another holiday with my awesome boys! Sometimes growing up isn't too bad.

Remind me I said that when I have 3 classes next semester.



















No comments:

Post a Comment